Sunday, January 17, 2010

Farmers, Football, Farmar, and Food

It was a lazy Sunday if I ever saw one!  It's been raining all day and all I was in the mood for was staying dry indoors!

I did venture out in the late morning for a trip to the farmer's market. After last week's fantastic roasted beet, I wanted to get more to enjoy throughout this week. I picked up a few beets (I got a bit excited) and a parsnip to try since I liked them in my salad yesterday.

The afternoon was spent rooting for the Cowboys in their playoffs game against Minnesota. What better meal to go with than my usual homemade pizza. Toppings included: spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and a few roasted green beans from yesterday with a blend of 2% mozzerella cheese and parm. I had 2 slices along with some salad.



 




Once it became clear that the Cowboys were struggling, I turned off the TV and unrolled my yoga mat to try my first ever yoga podcast. The 75 minute power Vinyasa podcast that I did was led by Dave Farmar and boy was it a workout! About halfway through I contemplated wrapping up and then pushed myself to finish the workout. My arms and shoulders are already feeling sore so it will be interesting to see how I feel in the morning. For a snack, in addition to lots of water, I finished off my pizza alongside a sliced pear.

Dinner was inspired by this recipe and was exactly what I was craving. I added a serving of tofu, used about 1/2 an egg white, 1/2 c chopped broccoli, and 1 c mixed veggies. Yum!  I topped the fried rice with a few crushed cashews for crunch which added extra depth in flavor.



 


Now, it's off to watch the Golden Globes with friends!  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment