Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pocket full of Sunshine

I love sunshine.




The only thing that could be better is sunshine and warm weather... but hopefully that's on it's way soon!




I slept in this morning and was in no rush to get out of bed. I read my book for a while until my stomach growling made me get up and into the kitchen.

I made an egg sandwich with 1.5 liquid egg whites and had a sliced pear on the side.  I cut off the corners of my toast that didn't have egg and put some superfruit jam from TJ's on them. A little bit eclectic but oh so delicious!



 


I had a few things to do around my apartment and then I met my friend Shelbs for a little stroll and lunch so that we could take advantage of the sun. We had fantastic salads at SweetGreen, a local restaurant.  One of the things that impresses me is that they ask you to let them know if you have any food allergies, and the staff are helpful and responsive!  They also use a lot of local veggies which I like.  In my mix today was corn, black beans, beets, bell peppers, broccoli, and a few tortilla chips. T'was yummy!

I dragged myself to the gym for my first interval workout in a while on the treadmill.  My speeds varied between 6.0 - 7.0 and I ran for 1 minute, walked for 2.  I felt like I was struggling to keep up with myself which means I need to get back into running!

Just had a quick snack of a Fuji apple with almond butter and a few Gone Crackers. I <3 this crackers - whole grain, gluten free, and tasty!  My 2 favorite types are Caraway and Black Pepper.





Time to shower and then I'm off to babysit.

No comments:

Post a Comment