Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

The work day ended with a feeling of positivity. I was able to be productive, had a good call in the evening, and had a glimmer of hope! Definitely a nice feeling!

For some reason, I seem to be hungry all of the time this week. Perhaps it's my body adjusting to waking up earlier? I'm trying to make sure that I stay adequately hydrated as well, which helps curb some of my hungry, but yesterday was especially munchy.

Lunch #1 at 12 was leftover New Year's gumbo filled with yummy okra and black eyed peas. I topped it with hot sauce and a bit of parm cheese. Warm and filling, I was hoping that the meal would last me well into the afternoon.



Alas, around 2:30 my tummy was rumbling again so I had another small salad and my favorite TJ's lentil curls. Another snack of a Fiberful fruit bar ended up holding me over until dinner around 7.

I made a chicken stir fry using chicken breast tenders and a coleslaw mix for a moo shoo inspired dish. I seasoned the chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper and cooked it in a skillet coated with non-stick spray, adding some water about halfway thru to keep the chicken moist. Once cooked, I removed the chicken from the pan and added the cabbage mix, some red crushed pepper, and garlic powder. It cooked for a few minutes and then I added about half of the chicken, diced, back into the pan with soy sauce, a splash of teriyaki, a drizzle of liquid egg whites, and stir fried for a few more minutes. It was an OK combo but since I wasn't too hungry, it hit the spot.

I tried a new GF product alongside the stir fry - black bean noodles. Ingredients: organic black beans and water. They seemed like a great, high protein option, so I cooked up a small batch of them to try. These actually were a huge disappointment, tasting rubbery with a funky flavor so I ended up tossing the batch I made. Oh well...

(sorry for the sideways picture! Grrrr Blogger)

They just look icky, right?

I ended the night with some more soy ice cream and a GF chocolate chip cookie I pulled out of the freezer. My tastebuds seem to be out of whack this week. Perhaps it's the lack of sleep?

What foods have you been craving this week? How do you feel when you try a new product but don't like it?

For me, I hate wasting food, even when it's not good. I might be tempted to try those noodles one more time, with a different recipe of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment