Friday, January 22, 2010

The Weekend has Arrived!

Happy Friday y'all!  I hope that you have something planned for the weekend that you'll enjoy - taking some time for yourself is a great way to recharge your batteries!

My weekend began with a post-work workout!  After 2 days off, it felt good to be back at the gym and I was craving some cardio. I did 45 intense minutes on the elliptical (while reading Yoga Magazine at times) and then stretched a bit.  I I had to cut my workout short because I had a treat scheduled for myself: a 45 minute massage!

It's been a long time since I've had a massage and after having some pain in my neck the past few weeks, I decided it was time to use the LivingSocial deal I had purchased. The therapist was fantastic and loosened up some of the tight knots in my neck. I was in heaven and this was a perfect way to kick off the weekend!

Dinner included leftover roasted veggies
 


plus a few veggie sushi rolls using this kit I found at the store:



 

I first laid out some seaweed on a bamboo place mat that I covered with saran wrap and then spread some of the sushi rice on each sheet.

 

 

Then I added my fillings: julienned carrots, cucumbers, asparagus, and some tofu.


 
 
 
The rest of the veggies and tofu that didn't fit in the sushi rolls became a side, drizzled with some gluten free teriyaki sauce.





It wasn't quite what I was expecting but was still a fun and different option. I just wish that the seaweed pieces were bigger!



 


Dessert was a blood orange with a serving of chocolate soy ice cream topped with a drizzle of slivered almonds, PB, and small chocolate chip cookie.



 


I'm trying out a new gym this weekend and am excited to try some new classes and hop in the pool for a swim. Should be fun along with some other activities!

G'night everyone!  This tired girl's making it an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment