Saturday, November 7, 2009

Meetings, Competition, and Thai

Yesterday was another early start to an overall productive day. I had a quick bowl of yogurt and fruit and an egg white and headed out the door. It definitely felt a bit chilly and I'm looking forward to Sunday when it's supposed to get up to 70 degrees and sunny!

My desk is slowly getting close to being set up - yesterday's excitement was getting my phone set up and working! After my morning meetings on a couple of projects, I headed to the university's Mt. Vernon campus for the first time. The campus was beautiful and I enjoyed my meeting with one of the students. All of the trees had magnificent colors and I especially loved this one particular tree:

I had lunch when I got back to the office - a comice pear and a PBJ on my favorite high-fiber gluten free bread. I also snacked on some Baked Lays as a bit of a treat. When I got home around 3 I cleaned up my apartment, had a bite of a Pure Bar (which I discovered from another food blogger), and headed off to the gym.

On Twitter yesterday, Bob Harper issued his weekend challenge: "3days/3 hrs of cardio. 1 hr of ANY cardio every day. Run, hike, spin as long as you sweat AT LEAST 3 hrs this weekend."Now, I've seen some of his other challenges on Twitter and they fit within my daily routine. Yet, this one stuck out for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm the kind of person who would take a Twitter challenge seriously, or the fact that I'm extremely competitive, but I decided to embrace this challenge.

For my hour of cardio I did:
21 minutes on the treadmill - 3 minute intervals
2 min walking, 1 min running at various speeds
I also got in a few longer run times which I was excited about
20 minutes on the bike
22 minues on the elliptical, various levels
Total distance: 8.25 miles
I also did some weights while waiting for a machine and ran to / from the gym (for another 1.35mi)

Last night I met up with a couple of friends, one who just moved to DC for happy hour after a quick snack of some carrots and G2. I didn't drink anything but it felt great to get out and socialize! We hung out for a while after we left the bar, and then I headed home, with some Pad see eiw in tow, and watched Frost / Nixon. I was pretty tired from my day (I moved 14.5 mi today!) and turned in kind of early.

No comments:

Post a Comment