Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 5...shouldn't I feel better by now?

Well, I've made it to Day 5 of my flu-cation and feel like I'm hanging in there. I'm definitely ready to stretch my legs a bit after all of this lounging around but that's going to have to come with some slow, short walks. My energy level is still pretty low, appetite small, and that icky feeling is lingering!

Thanks to Daylight Savings, I woke up earlier that I would have liked. I'm definitely a person who would rather it be light in the evenings than in the morning when I have to get up. I like my sleep! I wasn't hungry for a couple of hours and made a repeat of yesterday's breakfast when I finally was. I'm pretty full after the hot cereal and a small glass of Trop50 orange juice.



I spent the morning working on the schedule for my leadership training weekend in a few weeks It was nice to feel productive for a bit. Otherwise, the sun is shining through my windows and I'm hoping to start feeling like my normal self later in the day!

For those of you who gathered up some candy this weekend trick-or-treating, I found this gluten-free and allergy guide for candy and treats. Thanks to Elana for finding this!

I had a small bowl of hot and sour soup around 1:30 and then decided that I could sit no longer. I committed to running a small errand to see how I'd feel. I took my dress from last weekend to the dry cleaner as I'll be wearing it at a gala dinner in NY in a couple of weeks. I make a pit stop in the grocery store after to pick up a couple of things I was craving and then headed home. I ended up being out for much longer that I had anticipated and was pretty exhausted by the time I got home. I snacked on a pear and a handful of soy crisps and enjoyed Oprah's shoe and accessory intervention show. I definitely added a few more items to the "Want" list!! Thanks, Oprah!

I've spent the rest of the night continuing my work on my training schedule, relaxing, and doing a bit of cooking. I've been craving brussel sprouts for the past few days so I made sure to pick some up today to roast. I simply seasoned them with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder and they were delish! I was full from dinner so I didn't have too many but these will be great to snack on tomorrow!

For dinner, I had a baked sweet potato and cuban black beans with bell peppers and broccoli, sprinkled with hot sauce and some parmesan cheese.



On the agenda for tonight: the Greek season finale with some cinnamon toast. I love love love the show and am sad that the fall season is over. Maybe it will force me to find a new Monday night post-yoga routine!

I'm hoping to be able to go into work for a bit tomorrow but it will completely depend on how I feel when I wake up. I'm still pretty tired and exhausted from today's little outing. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment