Thursday, September 30, 2010

Three Confession Thursday

It's been raining for almost 24 hours straight and although I woke up feeling much better after leaving work yesterday sick, I kind of wished I could have curled up on the couch all day today. Tomorrow a friend and I are hosting a Fall Feast for 6 of our friends so we grocery shopped and prepped some food. In light of spending lots of time cooking and cleaning this evening I thought I would share 3 confessions with you all.

1. It's no secret how much I truly love summer and the warmth and sunshine it brings. Imagine my surprise then when I found myself eager to done tights and [rain]boots this evening. I guess there is a perk to Fall afterall...


2. I think about Texas often. I love my Longhorns more than any professional sports team. Barbecue doesn't taste as good outside of Texas as it does anywhere in the state. It's home. And yet, when people find out I'm from Texas and inevitably say "buy you don't talk like you're from Texas" I simply reply "thank you." I get some delight in surprising East Coasters and challenging their assumption of Southern accents.


3. I'm struggling to balance my newly uber-busy schedule with life and find myself caught in many Catch 22s right now. School vs. future plans. Hot vs. cold. Exercise and health vs. perception, effort, and will. It seems like just as I started figuring stuff out I've gone and confused myself all over again. I guess that Quarter-Life crisis wasn't a one-time thing at 24...


I also wanted to thank those of you who commented on my post from Tuesday about being grateful. The past week especially has taught me that a serious of small, positive choices can really change how a day turns out. I am keeping with that habit and looking for a little bit of good in every day. So, with that...


What do you want to confess?  What are you grateful for?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I'm Lauren from Biochemista.com. I'm in the process of organizing a happy hour meet & greet for DC bloggers. I will be posting updates on my blog and Twitter (@LaurBiochemista). Let me know if you're interested in attending!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I clicked over here from Emily's blog. I was at the meet up yesterday too but didn't get a chance to meet you. (Were you the one sporting a UT t-shirt?)

    Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you next time around. Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok i just spent like 15 minutes finding this post so i could ask you where you got that vest!?!? I want! haha

    ReplyDelete