Saturday, September 25, 2010

Extra Time?

After celebrating a holiday that was both spiritually and physically demanding for half of last weekend, it was so nice to get an extra day to be productive. Especially when Someone's to-do list spans a couple of pages!

The productivity actually started yesterday for me though so I'm going to rewind just a bit. I packed breakfast to eat at the office to ensure that I could get as much done as possible. I had PB&J hot cereal with the usual mix (1/4c BRM hot cereal and kasha, 1/4c almond milk, 1/2c water, cinnamon, splash of vanilla, 1/2T chia seeds, 1t TJ's berry jam and 1/2T peanut butter).



To continue the streak I somehow "found" more extra time working while eating lunch. I had a salad with spinach, carrot, and a few almond slivers topped with Amy's Italian dressing plus the last serving of black bean soup (that's not frozen) mixed with even more spinach. I put the last couple of Food Should Taste Goods on top crumbled. I instead used lunch to pick up some essentials at Trader Joe's.



My stomach rumbled a few hours later so I picked up a filling snack on campus - 2 pc veggie sushi plus brown rice and black beans. I think lunch lacked good staying power.


I got home, inhaled a peach, and ran down to the laundry room to get that "to-do" out of the way. Mid-way through washing and drying I decided I would be treating myself to dinner out and called in an order at my favorite Thai restaurant. I placed my order and then realized I only had a small window to pick it up before laundry was done and needed to be taken upstairs. Enter - the quick workout! I ran the .3 miles each way guaranteeing I made it back home with enough time :)

Dinner was a side salad of greens plus 1.5 bowls of Pad See Eew with chicken. I had them cook it with less oil but it was still too saucy so I soaked up some of the extra. My tummy doesn't like all that oil!



Dessert was cinnamon toast and then I called it a night after catching up on some TV show pilots I missed this week.



Sleeping in never felt as good as it did this morning! I felt ready and raring to go when my eyes opened. I whipped up an egg white sandwich on Udi's whole grain bread with spinach, red pepper spread, and ~1/2T of parmesan cheese with a side of some defrosted frozen berries.



I took care of more to-dos and then set off with the goal of getting the last few items I needed to complete my apartment face lift. I am not 100% done but rather 85%. The improvements I made today were a big jump up: new comforter and new couch pillows! All that's left are things to hang on the wall and a throw blanket or two.

For lunch I was craving hummus and pizza. I took a risk and experimented a bit with my usual pizza recipe. It's just like a wrap but hot and crispy, right? First I toasted a defrosted brown rice tortilla until it was golden and crisp. Then I spread ~1.5T tomato paste on top and added some spinach and bell pepper slices. I toasted that up for about 5-7 minutes to let everything set. Then I removed the pizza, spread ~1T red pepper hummus on top and added some red pepper spread at the last minute.


This rocked and I am excited to make another one soon!

I snacked on a honey crisp apple with a bit of nut butter for dessert and then tried to watch the Longhorn game. I gave up around halftime (~6pm) and left for a power walk and errand. I walked with the couple of things I needed to return and then ran / walk back as the sun was setting. Exercise and another task completed - score!


It took a while for me to get hungry but when I did I struggled to decide on what I wanted. I had a serving of whole grain gluten free pasta cooked that I wanted to use but was craving stir fry. I ended up picking out the broccoli and chicken from last night's leftovers, adding more frozen broccoli, peas, garlic, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper, and making the leftovers seem just a tad healthier than last night. It was delicious!



Now I'm relaxing a bit before going out. I haven't been out in a while but I think it'll help me continue to feel like my old, productive self that gets a lot done in a day.

Gnight!

Do you like redecorating? What do you always leave for last? Have you ever health-ified restaurant leftovers?

1 comment:

  1. Love the pizza/hummus idea. Looks delish! I love redecorating but it's harder when you have a roommate and need to coordinate with another person. I'm looking forward to having my own place.

    ReplyDelete