Sunday, April 4, 2010

Smoothie Season

Between my greens soup and the two smoothies I've had in the past 24 hours, I think I'm just hoping that the fluids, spinach, and berries will kick this cold ASAP!

I had an early brunch with a friend this morning and then we walked through the farmers market to pick up a couple of things and enjoy this gorgeous weather!

Not wanting to waste the day, I ran a few errands, mainly so I could take advantage of the sunshine! I ended up walking about 3.5 miles today and it felt good to move and stretch my legs. Now I'm icing my toe for good measure.

All I wanted for lunch was a smoothie with:
  • 1/2c unsweetened almond breeze
  • 1/2c seltzer
  • 1c frozen mixed berries
  • 1.5c baby spinach
  • pinch of cacao nibs
  • topped off with sliced almonds for some crunch


A while later I had a salad with romaine, carrots, cucumber, olives, a bit of feta, and topped it with some dill and pepper. Plus a serving of potato chips that are in the house for Passover. I usually just munch on a few but was in the mood for some crunch. I miss my GF whole grain products!


Not sure what's on the agenda for the rest of the day. It kind of depends on my foot and how I'm feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment