Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shot #2

The work day flew by pretty quickly, thanks to a long mid-day meeting regarding all of those nominations I had to read. We made all of our decision and I actually enjoyed the process and chance to interact with some of my colleagues :)

Lunch was ordered for us. I selected the Greek salad that had lettuce, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, and cheese.  The dressing was on the side and was almost all oil so I tried my best to get the "good parts" and poured off most of the oil. I also snacked on half a serving of these gluten free sweet potato chips which were delicious.


At the end of the day it was time for cortisone shot #2. I'm not exactly sure why, but this shot hurt a bit less. Perhaps it was the prescription my doctor gave me to take before, or that I'd already had 1 shot and knew what to expect? I can't explain it but definitely no complaints here. Now my foot's all wrapped up for the next 12 hours.


Perhaps on Sunday I'll be able to go back to the gym (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for a weight-training session but it totally depends on how my foot feels. My goal is to rest as much as possible so that my foot heals and I can avoid surgery. It's kind of a big deal and no fun. Please send positive thoughts for my little sesamoid bone!

I had a snack of a pear with chocolate PB drizzle and and English muffin - half topped with a light sprinkle of cheese of hot sauce, half with Earth Balance.Then I met a friend in town from Israel for happy hour. I had about 1/3 of a dirty martini, which I've been craving for a while.




We got caught in a monsoon and by the time I got home I was soaked, my cast included, despite the use of my umbrella! At least this rain is washing away the pollen! I had a very simple dinner of a toaster waffle and greens soup. I'm hoping to get inspired to cook soon - I'm starting to feel like I need some variety. I'm also ready to cut back on carbs after enjoying them a lot since Passover ended.


I'm currently resting the foot and catching up on a few things. I'm really looking forward to the weekend so I hope that tomorrow goes by quickly!

Also, I've been referencing gluten intolerance vs. celiac disease the last few days on Twitter. Check out what the NYT has to say about the differences between the 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment