Sunday, August 15, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

The past 2 days have been great. I'm definitely enjoying my weekend so far. I can't help but wish I was in Chicago for the Healthy Living Summit - perhaps next year I'll attend and have the chance to learn more about the healthy living blog community and connect with some of my favorite bloggers! Until then though...

Yesterday morning began with another bowl of overnight GF hot cereal. It's hard to think that I didn't like the cereal prepared this way when I first tried it! I have been enjoying a shorter morning food prep routine but am excited for hot, fresh hot cereal in a few months. This bowl was a repeat of this week's blueberry vanilla cereal and was just as good.



The morning flew by at work and I took advantage of weather in the 70s(!!) and came home for lunch. Since I started reading her blog, Angela often seems to combine tomato paste and hummus, sometimes on crackers and other times for a sandwich. That combo sounded good to I made my own.

Using 2 slices of Udi's whole grain bread (defrosted but not yet toasted) I spread 1 generous tablespoon of tomato paste on 1 piece of bread and 1 T roasted red pepper hummus on the other. I added some spinach as well.

I cooked this in a non-stick sprayed pan on the stove, pressing down to wilt the spinach a bit.



Holy. Yum. This tasted like a guilt-free, non-greasy grilled cheese! Absolutely delicious! The bread toasted so nicely and the flavors really complimented each other. I had carrot sticks with red pepper spread, another little cracker with the spread and a half cup of green grapes to round out lunch.



My snack just before leaving work was 1/4c 0% Greek yogurt with a chopped peach fresh from my CSA box.


Last night I went to Suzy's for a make-your-own-pizza dinner night. We started off with some vino.



And we took turns making our own pies. Suzy picked up an Udi's GF pizza crust for me to use and I was excited to try this product.

I topped 3/4 of my pizza with tomato sauce, low-fat mozzarella, broccoli, olives, mushrooms, torn basil, garlic, and artichoke hearts. I also made 1/4 of the pie with pineapple - something I've never tried before!



This picture is my pie fresh out of the oven. The crust cooked nicely and had a good crunch to it, which is something I really enjoy! I ate half (1 crust serving) and snacked on some of the raw veggies leftover. I was stuffed!


It was a fun night with friends, complete with a bit of a flour incident!


This morning I slept in until 11am and only got up because my stomach was growling. I was craving a special treat - an Udi's bagel! Udi's - I'm on quite a kick. Any new products you want me to test? I seem to be making my way through all of your products!! They are indeed delicious.

I had half plain with a bit of almond butter and Earth Balance and half with red pepper spread and an egg white with spinach.



I took advantage of the cool sunshine and did some reading and organizing on my roof. I <3 laying out - it's one of my favorite summer activities!

Lunch time came soon enough after I cleaned and prepared some items I'm selling on Craigslist. I am finally planning to make some progress in decorating my apartment and making it feel like an adult lives here!

I had the final leftover enchilada with 1/4c kidney beans plus an un-pictured pear  with peanut butter.


I went to Target with some friends and purchased a few necessities plus a bookshelf. There was a stop at Dairy Queen on the way back and I got a small order of fries. I maybe ate half and shared the rest. I just wanted something to nibble on.

When I got home I got to work building my bookshelf. Because of some DIY measuring, etc. for nailing the backing to the frame structure and other things, I was glad I had that snack. It took me about an hour to build the bookshelf, clean up, and move stuff to it. By 8:30 I was hungry again and ready for dinner.

I had a serving and a half of baked beans plus roasted carrots, summer squash, and onion. Dessert was a few grapes and a toaster waffle.


It's time for bed. Tomorrow I am going to the gym and hitting the road for a little day trip.

What activities scream summer to you? Do you love decorating or hate it? It always takes me a long time to figure out what I want to do but once that's done, I'm excited for the change in scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment