Monday, August 23, 2010

Solid Little Monday

Hi there! How was your Monday?  It was a pretty good one for me. The heat seemed to be absent from DC and it was so nice to be outside!!

I kicked the morning off with my standard egg white and a bowl of overnight hot cereal. To the standard mix (1/4c BRM and buckwheat, 1/4 c unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 1/2 c water, 1/2T chia seeds, cinnamon) I added a tiny pinch of brown sugar, a quarter of a peach diced, some blueberries, and a small drop of fig jam. It was topped with 1/2T of peanut butter. I just couldn't decide between summer and fall!



I am planning a huge event at work that's on Thursday so this week will be quite busy at the office. I'm definitely not complaining though because I find myself more productive when I have a lot to do. I guess I like the pressure.

I managed to carve out time to walk home for lunch which was a great way to stretch my legs and enjoy the weather. Alongside a serving of baked beans I had a salad of arugula and romaine topped with a carrot, pickle, and sauteed zucchini and tomatoes (leftovers). I crumbled a Food Should Taste Good chip on top for crunch and used my ever-addicting Amy's Italian dressing to finish it off.



There was a special treat waiting for me in the office today. One of my co-workers likes to bake and decided to try a gluten free cake so that I could have some too. It was such a nice gesture!! And, look how pretty it is! Yellow cake with vanilla butter cream frosting. I had most of one slice and enjoyed every bite. Other co-workers loved it to and commented that they were excited to get to try something GF!



My regular snack a few hours later was a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt topped with a third of a peach (same one from breakfast, part of it went bad so I salvaged it!) and a few more blueberries.



When I got home I also had a cracker topped with salsa while waiting for my friend. It pays to be the "healthy" one in our group because I get requests to go walking with friends after work. Even though I did some walking during the day I was game for an impromptu catch-up session. Suzy and I walked 2.5 miles in about 40ish minutes which was a great way to unwind and unplug from the day. Even more so because I left my phone home.



It was definitely time for dinner when I got home. I threw together the quickest thing I could think of: pasta and roasted veggies. I had 2/3 a serving of pasta with a quarter cup of chickpeas, some tomato sauce, and roasted broccoli, green beans, and cauliflower. I added some crushed red pepper for some kick. Perfect healthy and easy meal!



I was hungry again after doing the dishes so I had more roasted veg and a peach for dessert. I am excited for the season finale of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I love my summer trashy tv :-)



Has a co-worker ever brought in a treat with you in mind?

What's your go-to quick and easy meal? I have a few but pasta and veggies meant more leftovers for later this week!

Any favorite summer trashy TV shows?

1 comment:

  1. The weather was soo nice out today! I was super shocked when I stepped outside! I hope it stays :)

    ReplyDelete