Monday, March 22, 2010

If it's any consolation

I thought about y'all while I was off enjoying the sunshine-filled weekend!

I laid around a bit, enjoying the morning and then did a quick trip to Whole Foods on Saturday while it was still a bit cool out. On my walk, you could definitely tell how excited DC was to have some great weather - Dupont Circle was bustling, birds were chirping, and people were smiling and just a tad nicer :-)

It should have been lunch time when I got back but I wasn't too hungry so I snacked on an apple with PB instead. Then, it was up to the roof for some reading in the sunshine! Perfect afternoon!

Late lunch / snack was a plate of roasted veggies with a cracker with red pepper hummus and a few chips.


In honor of spring, I did some spring cleaning and then got ready for a night of friends and food. we went for margaritas (on the rocks, no salt) and I enjoyed chips and salsa and a big salad.

Yesterday I began my day with some weights and abs exercises, then headed to the farmers market before breakfast. I wasn't hungry when I woke up.


When hunger struck, I had a big Fuji apple w/ PB and an egg white sandwich.


The rest of the day was spent with a friend, shopping. It's really interesting to shop with a cast on your foot. I thought twice about everything I considered trying on - would it fit over the cast? I also had dressed strategically in order to minimize the amount of times I spent taking the cast off!

I was tired after my adventure and whipped up another batch of lentil sloppy joes which I ate over some brown rice alongside some okra and green beans. Dessert was a new ice cream - Purely Decadent Coconut Vanilla Bean. This is light and fresh tasting and has only 6 ingredients! Topped with a diced strawberry and chocolate PB.


Also, if it's any consolation, Monday arrived just as it always does, and brought with it some rain to make up for the sun we had. It's been a pretty routine day so I'll wrap up with the eats:


PB&J hot cereal with an (unphotoed) egg white


Salad topped with feta, almond slices, and roasted veggies and a fruit leather


Carrot sticks, crackers, and hummus


A BBQ inspired dinner of BBQ turkey over a small potato, kale chips, baked beans


Hope you have a good night! I'm working on something new for you guys this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment