Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Booo...

...oot! Look what I got this morning:



My foot officially has a stress fracture and the padded splint wasn't letting it heal. So, I have this nifty space boot for the next 2 - 3 weeks. Wee! I'm trying to stay really positive about this and take this in stride. My foot clearly broke  between exercising and the lovely snow and ice surfaces I pranced around on for an extended period of time. The rest should be good for me, right?  Well... I must admit - I'm really dying for a hard core cardio workout right now, or even better: cardio sculpt. Alas, this will not be possible for a while :(

I will have the go-ahead in a couple of days (after some rest) to ride the stationary bike (in sneakers!) and lift weights which is better than not doing anything at all. I also have no excuse for skipping pilates now since standing isn't required for most of the class. I will also still be walking at least 2 miles a day since that is the quickest and easiest way for me to commute to work. I'm also going to try to just let my body heal so that this injury isn't persistent.If you have any suggestions for ways to stay semi-active over the next couple of weeks please leave a comment! 

Before my doctor's appointment I started my day with a bowl of vanilla-berry hot cereal and an egg white. I have been enjoying this creamier, simpler version of my hot cereal which actually holds me over longer! In the mix:
  • 1/4c combined BRM hot cereal and buckwheat groats
  • 1/4c vanilla almond milk
  • 3/4c water
  • ~1/4c frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 T chia seeds
  • 1/2 T PB / AB mix
  • cinnamon
  • drop of sugar-free maple syrup
  • pinch of dry roasted sliced almonds

I am super excited for the return of The Biggest Loser tonight! I've missed my friends Bob and Jillian!

No comments:

Post a Comment