Sunday, October 18, 2009

Baked Apple to end the Weekend



In an effort to try to use all of my apples from my apple picking adventure, I tried making baked apples for the first time.

Baked Apple Pocket:
- 1 apple (here I used Golden Delicious)
- pinch of raisins
- pinch of dried cherries
- slivered almonds
- sugar free maple syrup
- agave nectar
- cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop apple into 1/2 in pieces. Place in the center of a piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle apple with raisins and dried cherries. Drizzle with syrup and agave nectar. Shake cinnamon on top (I like a lot of cinnamon on mine). Fold the foil to create a sealed packet. Bake in over for 20 - 30 minues (depending on how soft you want the apple to be). Remove packet from oven. Open pack and put ingredients in a bowl and ENJOY! Its a perfect treat for breakfast or dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment