Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time for change to keep things interesting!

If you scroll down, you'll notice that there has been quite a gap in my blog posts. I'd like to say that I have some brilliant, compelling reason for not updating this more frequently, but I don't. Part of me hasn't been sure what to write about as of late, another part of me has been struggling with which parts of updates I'm ready to share with cyberworld. So, as we say goodbye to a weekend of winter and welcome, yes, welcome a sunny week of fall, I'm making a couple of changes of my own.

Last week I started work, on a part-time basis for now. I will share a few things: I'm working at a place were I can definitely see myself working for a longer period of time. This change will hopefully come soon yet for now, I'm welcoming the opportunity to ease myself back into the workforce. This job is in a field about which I am passionate and will give me experience being "on the ground" instead of coaching and teaching. It will definitely be a fun challenge to adapt and apply all that I learned at Hillel into this new adventure. I will make sure to keep you all posted as this opportunity develops and when it turns full time (and the craziness of the past few months is over)! So, my first change is that for the first time in a while, I spent a nice part of my evening preparing for the work week - wrapping up chores and packing lunches and snacks. It sure does feel good to have a new routine!

Over the weekend, I ventured out to Virginia for some quality time with my friend L. We had many activities on our to-do list: seeing Couples Retreat, the gym to get in our 6 mile workouts since it was cold and raining, watching Texas beat OU, and some shopping. Basically - your quintessential girls weekend. While we were at L's apartment, she was showing me some of her goodies from a recent trip to Trader Joe's. We got carried away and ended up doing a our of her cabinets, discussing which products were smarter choices, other products she could try, and so on. During all of this, I had a couple of epiphanies:

1) I will be shifting my blog to have more of a food focus (life events will of course still be included!). You'll notice pictures of things I eat throughout the day, new gluten-free / natural / healthy / interesting food finds, recipes, and more. If there's something you would like to see, leave a comment below and I will do my best to incorporate it!!

2) I absolutely love looking at the foods people keep in their houses. And, when those friends and family that I visit start talking about new food ideas, healthier options, etc. I love sharing the food knowledge I've acquired over the past few years. It would be great to find a way to make this into a part-time job of some sort, maybe as a grocery guide or grocery consultant. Someone who accompanies people on a trip to the grocery store to show them healthy, quick and easy, diet-specific (where applicable) products to help boost their pantries and the nutritional value of the foods they buy, cook and eat. What do we think? Any suggestions for people to contact for guidance? Anyone who may be interested in this? This idea is definitely still in the incubation phase, but it something I'd love to get off the ground.

So, as this blog continues to evolve (I guess as my activities and I continue to do so as well) I hope you'll let me know what you think and keep following my recent musings!

No comments:

Post a Comment