Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Sweet End to the Day

I came home from my dentist appointment and needed some time to decompress. I have never really minded going to the dentist until today. It was not the most pleasant experience, mainly because I found the dentist to be pretty arrogant and not willing to listen to what the patient was saying.
I had a snack of a pear with crackers and some salad (not pictured) and watched some tv. I was able to motivate myself to head back out to the gym for yoga since I skipped class on Monday. After yoga, I rode the stationary bike for about 20 minutes and headed home.

My milage for the day:
2.5 mi walking, moderate pace
1.5 mi running
3.5 mi biking
Total: 7.5 mi plus 1 hr of yoga

I had a small salad when I got home and then made what I was really in the mood for - a baked apple. I still have some apples left from my apple picking adventure at the beginning of the month and am trying to eat them before they go bad. Here's the recipe for this delicious finish to the night:
2 small apples, cored and chopped
sprinkle of raisins
sprinkle of dried cherries
drizzle of agave nectar
drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup
sprinkle of cinnamon

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Place chopped apple into a sheet of foil. Add the dried fruit then drizzle the syrup and agave nectar on top. Fold foil to make a pack, ensuring that it's well sealed. Bake for 20 minutes (depending on how tender you like your apple). Enjoy!



I ate my apple over some fat free plain Greek yogurt with a rice cake on the side. It was the perfect snack to eat as a watched Top Chef!


Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment