Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting back into the routine

In an attempt to get back on track this week, I spent the evening
making a veggie chili to have for meals throughout the week. I'm not sure if it's the weather, the traveling that I did over the weekend, or encounters with a couple of friends who have Swine Flu, but I've just been feeling crummy all day.

I woke up this morning after a glorious 10.5 hours of sleep feeling like I could have used quite a few more. This weekend was fantastic although it definitely wore me out. I spent the weekend in Houston, TX for a sorority sister's wedding which was fantastic! The bride and her groom looked amazing and it was wonderful to see some of my sorority friends for the weekend.

I arrived on Friday mid-day and spent the afternoon helping bake and prepare for the wedding weekend. A couple of other friends arrived at the bride's house and we immediately picked up where we had all left off. That night was the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's which was delicious and I think that all 9 of us had a blast. That night we went out to a bar called Monnalisa and then headed back to the bride's house to get some sleep.

On Saturday, a couple of the early risers (myself included which never happens - see my 10 hrs of sleep comment) headed to the hotel early while the others slept in. My friend L and I had a nice leisurely breakfast, then headed to the bookstore for some time reading. I also used some of that free time to take a walk through the mall across the street. I needed to get a bit of exercise in! After a successful walk, I headed back to the bookstore where L and I relaxed until we met up with the rest of the gang for lunch. By that time, it was time to get ready for the wedding. The ceremony and reception were at a beautiful event hall and we were all excited to watch our friend marry her fiance. The food was yummy, the dancing was great, and Mr. and Mrs. W were beautiful! A big mazal tov to you both!!!

On Sunday we had brunch together as a group and then went our separate ways back to our various cities. All of us commented on how great it is that no matter how long any of us go without speaking, when we are together, we pick up where we left off and continue having an amazing time. As my place cruised towards DC, I realized how lucky I am to have that wonderful group of friends and to have shared our college experience together.

I was so exhausted when I got home last night that I unpacked, ate a bowl of soup, and went to bed. That meant that today I tackled my grocery shopping before heading to campus to work for a few hours. I decided to skip yoga since I'm not feeling great and try to rest up and give my body more time to recoperate after this weekend.

Tomorrow will be a full day on campus so as soon as I finish this post, I'll be able to finish getting ready for tomorrow in time to watch my favorite guilty pleasure, Greek!

I'm hoping that I'll be better about my blogging this week and feel much better after another good night of sleep.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment