Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mid-Week Musing

Hi folks! We're over the hump, now it's on to Friday :)  I'm pretty sure I say that every week yet every week it seems so fitting.

Since Wednesday's eats were a bunch of repeats (I'm not in a rut, I'm just enjoying things like overnight GF hot cereal, hummus and veg wraps, etc.) I thought I'd share a few things that have popped into my head over the past couple of days.
  • Last night I felt like the pilates gods had listened to my frustrations from last week. I was the only person in class at 3 minutes past the start time and was told I was going to get a private lesson and we began. Another person walked in the door right after but having a 2:1 ratio was great. We really got challenged to perfect our form, do some customized moves, and challenge ourselves in new ways. I really feel like my abs (and back, legs, arms, etc.) are getting stronger and I'm ready to bring on more advanced poses! It's a great feeling to be getting back strength and flexibility after losing much of it while I was in my walking cast this winter.
  • My neighborhood Whole Foods often puts items on clearance that have been discontinued or they've just decided to stop carrying them. Last night I discovered these two nut butters on the table, for just $1.00 each! I got really excited. Well, at least until I checked the ingredients list. I discovered added oils, milk, and lots of soy. Despite the incredible bargain, I realized I wasn't willing to buy a nut butter with dairy and processed add-ins. Looks like for now I'll be sticking with this for my chocolate nut butter fix!
  • Aching for vacation - so next week I am taking a long weekend to vacation down in Miami, FL with my family. I couldn't be more excited for some traveling and adventure, a change of scenery, family time, and of course, fun in the sun. I started looking forward to the trip last week and now am just ready to get this show on the road. Do you anxiously anticipate vacations? Or would you rather staycation near the comforts of home?
This post was kind of random but hopefully you found something to think about for a moment on this lovely Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment