Monday, November 1, 2010

Now that's a lot of fiber

Happy November everyone. Did you make any goals for the month? Check out mine to see what I'm hoping to do this month.

This morning I woke up quite calm and content - a rare feeling on a Monday morning but I went with it. I whipped up a bowl of hot cereal since it was quite chilly this morning. This bowl of cereal had 1/4c almond milk, 1/4c frozen raspberries, cinnamon, a drizzle of maple syrup, 2 crushed baby pecan halves, and 1/2T of peanut butter.


The morning flew by and I snacked on a baby Fuji apple with peanut butter before I headed to my training appointment.


Over lunch I headed to the gym for my long-awaited training session which did not disappoint. Dave made me do a ton of squats, TRX moves, abs, and balance moves. My legs were feeling like jelly by the time I left!

I was hungry and more than ready for lunch when I got back to the office. I had a salad with mixed greens, beets, bell pepper, and some chickpeas with 2 pieces of veggie sushi and a cup of my broccoli soup from last night.



The afternoon flew by and before I knew it my stomach was ready for a snack and the day was almost over. I had some roasted carrot and kabocha squash plus a cheese stick and a couple of chips. I'm pretty sure that little snack pushed me over my daily intake of fiber and vegetables, hehe.


After work I made a quick stop at Trader Joe's on the way home and had my heart set on sloppy joe's for dinner.

I used this recipe from Meatless Mama which is fool-proof and delicious. I ate a serving of the sloppy joe's with a toasted English muffin. If there was any question about the amount of fiber I consumed today, this definitely put me over!


I'm curled up on the couch watching the Rangers with a small pear and cup of vanilla cinnamon tea. There's supposed to be a frost warning in the morning, WTH?! :)


Do you like cold weather? Fiber: love it or hate it?

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOVE cold weather especially after a hot TX summer! We have a cold(for TX) week ahead! yay! Dont you love leaving a trainer feeling like jelly :)

    ReplyDelete