Friday, October 29, 2010

Whole Foods Anonymous

Hi, my name is Sarah and I have an addiction. To Whole Foods. You see, I went there for dinner on Thursday night in between work and a birthday party. That made for my 3rd trip of the week. And then of course I will have to grocery shop over the weekend. That pulls the count to a total of 4 visits in 7 days.

Acknowledging the problem is the 1st step, right? But if I'm going to be honest, I'm not so sure I want to recover from this addiction. It's better than getting greasy, over-processed fast food. They carry hundreds of gluten free products and have excellent customer service. I also believe that investing in my diet is an investment in my overall health. I kind of have a crush on Whole Foods.

Thursday I picked up an assortment from the hot bar that included a salad of: beets, carrots, peas, corn, purple cabbage, bean salad, feta, plus some tofu, Indian chickpea dish, and rice (that didn't taste so great and therefore I didn't finish it).


Due to a beautiful heat wave that DC experienced this week, I ate on the patio and enjoyed the sunshine, warmth, and view.




I then headed back to the area where my friend's birthday party was. Yes, to take my addiction further I made a special trip for it! In my defense it was only a 6 minute walk :) It brought my mileage total for the day over 8 miles. I guess I know my foot is finally on the tail end of recovering!

I enjoyed the night, catching up with friends and sipping on a lovely dirty martini.

Then it was time to head home for Grey's and bed.

Do you have a healthy addict habit you just won't break because you secretly love it? Do you want to join Whole Foods Anonymous with me?

1 comment: